Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Favorite Memories the beginning

Kelsey did this on her blog and I loved seeing her favorite memories so I thought I'd do it on mine too. As I think of more I'll post more.

  • When I realized I could be friends with my parents as well as their child
  • When Kelsey told me they were naming Jemma after me
  • When Kelsey called to say she wanted me at the hospital when the twins were born (even though it was really early in the morning)
  • When Amy’s Dad got to the hospital after that horrible first night and day in the ER/ICU
  • When Michael gave me the blessing that said Erin was with me while Amy was in the ICU that first night
  • When Alex gave Amy the blessing that finally said she would survive
  • Daddy/Daughter dates when I was little
  • Every time I taught the Thumper lesson for FHE when I was young ( I thought I was so good)
  • Whenever I’d go to Kelsey’s and her kids would yell, “Kacky!”
  • When I realize I could tell Amy and Kelsey anything and everything and realized they’d still be my best friends
  • When Ben finally showed up at the airport to get Kelsey and the kids and I after the trip from Hell.
  • Making and (tasting) stuffing with Mom and Beth every Thanksgiving
  • When I prayed about the Book of Mormon like I’d always been told to and got the clear impression in my mind that said “You already know”
  • Playing with my siblings and cousins at Grandpa and Grandma Palmers bar downstairs (as long as I didn’t look at the scary coconut faces)
  • Getting a self-serve ice cream cone with Grandpa Harper, he said I hadn’t put on enough ice cream and he piled it on so high I could barely hold it upright
  • When Amy got engaged to Jared
  • When I understood Jared was an amazing man who would be good to and for Amy and love her so much and whenever he tells me there is a lucky man out there for me some day
  • Making the movie in response to Brian and family’s Christmas broadcast. We were pretty dang good if I do say so myself and I do

1 comment:

The Clifts said...

It's funny how a lot of our favorite memories are the same.