Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Home for Christmas

I got to go home for Christmas for 2 whole weeks this year! (ok so really at this point it's last year but you know what I mean) I had a great time with my parents and sisters, we played games at really good food and just visited, it was wonderful to be with family.

Here is my Daddy and me Christmas day.


Mommy and me. Aren't my parents the cutest?!?

My big sister Patti...she's cute to....and available so if you know any single guys in Washington......(in Utah I'd have to check them out first...)

My little sister Beth, I've overused the word now but she's pretty cute too.


This is our advent calendar, I think Mom made it in Relief Society at some point in the past. The ornaments are shrinky dinks (do they even make those anymore?). I love putting the ornaments on each day.

One of my presents, new slippers. The little puff balls make me smile.



We had a yummy gourmet dinner for Christmas night, it consisted of.
Butternut Soup
Fennel Rubbed Pork Tenderloin
Arugula Salad with Pomegranate and toasted Pecans
Mashed Potatoes with a twist
and of course
Mom's buttermilk rolls....a family tradition. That one's not online so if you want it you'll have to ask me for it.

Beth has a knack for finding good recipes and we were willing participants to her experiments. They all turned out really good! Be sure to stir in the nutmeg in the soup though because Patti somehow got a nutmeg bomb in her soup....wasn't the best. Everyone was even nice enough to substitute the cream/milk in all these with my lactose free milk...such sweethearts.


As a kid I was always so excited about presents, now the best presents are the fun times I get to spend with my family. I love them all so much and wish I got to spend more time with them, maybe someday we'll live closer to each other again. I love you guys!!

2 comments:

vaxhacker said...

Cool, and Merry Christmas to you all!

Apparently your parents moved when we weren't paying attention, since the Christmas card we sent them came back today... so we weren't forgetting them, we just need a new address :)

The Clifts said...

Kathy! You look amazing. Good Job. I need to work on it. I am glad you had so much fun at home! (P.S. I finally put more pictures on my blog. I am going to put more tonight.)