Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Home for a bit

I got to go home to my parents for a week last week, I love that!! It's so nice to see my family and visit for a bit and of course not have to go to work but that's just a side benefit. I drove from Utah to Washington with Amy and Jared, 14 straight hours. We left at 8pm on Saturday night and got in Sunday morning. It was a very long night especially due to the fact that I have an irrational fear that if I fall asleep so will the driver so when I managed to nod off for a bit the slightest swerve made me think we were leaving the road, not very restful.

This is due to some dry lightening somewhere in Idaho, I think near Boise. I opened the window to take the picture and you could feel the heat coming from the fire.

Mom and Patti and I decided to make Smore's after a fun BBQ, they were very very yummy. Dad manned the grill for dinner so we delivered his to him.

Seems like we might need better skewers but it worked. We had over-sized marshmallows so it was pretty intense getting them "cooked" thru.

I should have taken more pictures I realize, I don't even have one of Dad...sheesh, I hate when I do that.


This is one of the roses in my parents backyard, my attempt at an artistic picture.....I'll keep trying.

1 comment:

The Clifts said...

Those are really pretty roses. I'm glad you got to go home. It's always nice. I drove by a forest fire once, it was so scary to me. Thomas kept asking me to stop to take a picture but I really felt like we were going to burn up if we stopped. I know how you feel about nodding off. That is exactly how I feel!